Samsung Galaxy S9 tops iPhone X for best smartphone display
Chalk up another win for Samsung. Recently, we told you that the Samsung Galaxy S9+ has the best smartphone camera in existence. On top of that, DisplayMate gave the Galaxy S9 the award of having the best smartphone display out of any current smartphone. They even beat...themselves by topping the iPhone X (Samsung made the display on Apple's latest flagship).
Here are some of the highlights of their display review:
- Record setting High Absolute Color Accuracy (0.7 JNCD) – visually indistinguishable from being perfect.
- Enhanced High Brightness Mode that is up to 20% brighter than the Galaxy S8.
- Record small shifts in brightness and color with viewing angle, including white.
- The Galaxy S9 is certified by the UHD Alliance for Mobile HDR Premium.
- New Luminance Independence with varying picture content.
- New user adjustable white point with color balance slider controls.
- New Vision Accessibility display modes to help people with vision impairments.
- The Galaxy S9 matches or sets many new Smartphone Display Performance Records, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade.
The Galaxy S9 has a 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED infinity display with an aspect ratio of 18.5:9. It has a whopping 571 ppi (pixels-per-inch) and has curved edges. To read the full report, visit the link below.